I started the T-shirt quilt in a class at Block Therapy on Feb. 1. It was truly a great class. I learned so much from Brenda and Joan. It really gave me confidence to continue on. I think I have been afraid to attempt another large quilt for fear of failure. Seeing what the other quilters in the club has been somewhat intimidating but don't think that's the only reason I hesitated. I believe that my health was some to blame too. I almost feel like I've been in a fog and am coming out of it. I haven't been happy but have made some decisions that I hope will be the best for me. Anyway, I digress.
I have all the blocks together. I did them in strips up and down like the instructions call for (instead of across, as tradition calls for). I sewed like a fiend and had the 3 panels done. I stopped for the night and got up this morning and looked at them again. Sewed the first 2 panels together and WHAATTT the heck.....discovered one of the lattice strips was on upside down!! OMG! Well, it turned out to be an easy fix. Rip and resew. Got all three panels sewn together now and it looks great. The green border goes on next and then the outside border. I was thinking about it last night and had Jimmy approve it (after all, it IS his quilt!). So the backing and the outside border will be the cool tennis shoes. I think it'll be kicking!!! pun intended!
I am really happy that I have this going on. Next, I believe I'll do one for a grandchild. I have been putting it off but am ready to tackle it. This will be after I go to Baton Rouge in March for an embroidery weekend. It sounds like fun and we get to do some hands on work too.