Taking a semi-break

I have come to a stopping point while I wait for my 1-1/2" white strips come in so I can frame my blocks. Up to this point, I was moving along quite smartly. So as not to be called a 'slacker', I decided to get busy on the pillow cases I plan to give at Christmas. I believe at last count, I had 12 or 13 ready. Then, Jimmy asked me to embroider his towels for his Buffet Beach team, so that has worked out well. I should be finished with them on Tuesday. I am doing 15 for him. I have about 4 to go. I tried to push my machine last year and it almost gave out so I am pacing myself and my machine is not straining. So, good job, me!!

I expect the strips in by the weekend, so I can get the pillowcases done too! Works out well! I have been sewing fairly regularly now and I am really enjoying myself.

My next thoughts are on a rearrangement of my sewing room. I wish to have more machines up: my 2 embroidery machines, my Featherweight, my little HV, and the serger. I am determined to learn the serger. I know it will save me so much time on things, like pillowcases, if I can get it up and going.

I definitely need a cutting area and an ironing area too. My initial thoughts are to just empty the room out totally, get shelving and cabinets in there, and then decide where the tables will go for each item/area. I also want to put up curtains too. While I'm at it, I need to add more lighting. You can never have enough lighting in a sewing/craft room!!

I guess I need to work on a floor plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Quilt Festival!

Goodies from my Washington/Maryland trip

Hawaii !!!