Hurricane Gordon and stuff

Hurricane Gordon blew in last night after we prepped all day. They canceled school for 2 days and we prepped the house with filling containers, buying food stuffs and batteries, moving plants inside, and Jimmy moved all the stuff around outside. He brought his dog, Red, into the garage for safety. Abby, our inside dog, was fine as long as one of us was around. She is deathly afraid of bad weather.
After all that, Gordon blew in and out and we are all fine. No injuries, deaths, or missing things. It's not that we don't take it seriously, we do. (Hence the prep with water, food, batteries) BUT, we do take into consideration the strength of the storms. So, we stayed home.

Meanwhile, I am moving on with making my blocks for my quilt. It was very 'freeing' to make the decision to sew for 10 minutes a day and then to follow thru, in some form, of sewing. Even if I don't machine sew, I am hand sewing my hexies together. I do take off if family occasions happen and I don't feel guilty.

I love the fabric I am using. I got a deal from a friend who was 'de-stashing' and found the pattern I wanted to learn in the book another friend showed me. She made a quilt from it and initially, I was interested in it. But then, I found the Postage Stamp pattern and knew I had found what I was looking for.......and one that I could do!!!

I plan to audition white 1-1/2" framing strips around the blocks to see if I like it. My friend, Sandra, said it would look like they were floating so I may try it. That would be cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Quilt Festival!

Goodies from my Washington/Maryland trip

Hawaii !!!