I am seeing progress!

I have finished my Postage Stamp blocks!!! Yes, I did it and I did not freak myself out!!! I really like this 10 minutes of sewing a day thing. It has really taken the stress out of sewing. I feel like that if it's related to any sewing I will be doing, it counts. Now that my blocks are ready, my next step will be framing them with white 1-1/2" frames. I plan to audition this. If I don't like it, I'll decide what is next.

So, I have also decided to make some design boards that Lori Holt uses for her applique work. I bought the foam board, a new low temp glue gun and sticks, and batting the other day. I then cut my boards to the sizes I wanted. My next step will be gluing on the batting and then putting the trim around them to make them 'pretty'. (a way to use up 2-1/2" strips) The batting works like a flannel board and holds the pieces together until you can work with them. I plan to use this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Quilt Festival!

Goodies from my Washington/Maryland trip

Hawaii !!!